Thursday, February 25, 2016

Happy, Happy Birthday, Marky Baby!

February 25, 1959! Oh, joy of joys! My baby brother is born!!!

I have forgotten some of the circumstances of that momentous day, but I do remember the moment Dad arrived home to announce Mark's birth. He powered in the driveway, and Robin and I flew out of our neighbor's house to meet a very excited father. I was in the 5th grade at Adams Annex, and it was exhilarating to report the birth of my baby brother to my class.



As you can see by the photos, he was a very sweet boy. Love you, bro!  Pam

I remember waking up one morning and having to go down to the apartment beneath us to have Cheryl (pronounced chair-ul) comb my hair for school.  I was in the 2nd grade.  Every morning at school a student would recite a poem before beginning the class day.  On the day Mark was born Mrs. Paul picked out a poem about a baby to be read.    Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment